STRUCTURED CABLING SOLUTIONS
“This lesson describes both physical and logical organization of networks. Topologies described include bus, ring, star, and hybrid. This unit also covers TIA/EIA 568 structured cabling standards, which govern the installation of local area networks. In order to design, install, troubleshoot, and maintain networks, administrators must have a solid understanding of these topologies and cabling standards.”
· Identify and describe the elements that are recommended for structured cabling networks.
· Diagram bus, star, ring, and hybrid topologies.
· Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of bus, star, ring, and hybrid topologies.
· Select the appropriate topology for a particular set of network requirements.
· Create a questionnaire for an administrator to use when planning or expanding a network.
· Select and estimate the cost of cabling for a given network.
FIBER OPTIC SOLUTIONS“Optical fibers are widely used in fiber-optic communications, which permits transmission over longer distances and at higher bandwidths (data rates) than other forms of communication. Fibers are used instead of metal wires because signals travel along them with less loss and are also immune to electromagnetic interference.”
COPPER CABLE SOLUTIONS“We offer cabling solutions across the entire performance range, from entry level Category 5e UTP to Category 7 fully shielded (1200Mhz). Each design is guaranteed standards compliant thanks to our strict ISO 9001 quality procedures, this coupled with the performance of Siemon products offers you complete peace of mind.”